Reflex Monthly Cup --- Rules
Table of Contents
- Participants must sign up on challonge at least 1 hour before the tournament begins.
- Players must also join https://discord.gg/zUXuDcg on discord and ask for Participant role in the role-requests channel : https://discord.gg/cmNasKK
- Servers are assigned in the tournament-general channel (only visible if you have the participant role)
- On the day of the tournament participants must check-in on the challonge page. Players have a 1 hour window to check-in before the tournament begins.
- Participants must check-in on the Challonge bracket (a check-in button will be visible on the challonge page during the check-in window). Participants who fail to check-in before the official starting time will be removed from the tournament. Check-in starts a 1 hour before the tournament begins.
- Tournament admins will announce when the bracket is final and the tournament has started in the The tournament-general discord channel (only visible if you have the participant role, ask in the role-requests channel if not set).
- Players will be assigned to a server for each of their matches by an admin in the discord channel.
- Players have 10 minutes to join the server and start the match once a server is assigned by an admin, matches should start as soon as possible once the server is assigned by an admin.
- Report the match's score on challonge using the pen button corresponding to your match or report the score to an admin on discord
- If you are not being quickly assigned to a server and your opponent is available, please ask a tournament admin to assign a server for your next game so the tournament is not delayed.
- Players must be present in the EU or NA channel in the RMC discord : https://discord.gg/zUXuDcg
- Matches are started and servers are assigned by admins in these discord channels.
- Any question or unusual event that may occur (delay, server problem...) are announced and discussed by the admins in these discord channels.
- Participants must use the same name on challonge, discord, and in-game.
- Participants must use their main steam account and the nickname they are known by throughout the tournament. If you recently changed your nickname or you anticipate confusion as to who you are, please communicate with admins so you can be properly seeded.
Match system :
- Winner's bracket matches are Best of 3 (The player who wins 2 maps wins the set), grand final is double Best of 3 maps (if needed).
- Loser's bracket matches are Best of 1/sudden death (the player that wins the map wins the match) except the final 2 matches of loser's bracket, which are Best of 3 (4th place match and Loser's bracket final).
Map selection system :
- Use the 'roll' command in console to determine which player drops first. (The player with the highest roll is the roll Winner)
- W: Roll winner
- L: Roll loser
- BO3 : Pick(W)-Pick(L)-Drop(W)-Drop(L) - The remaining map is the tiebreaker map (Maps are played in order of picks).
- BO1 : Drop(L)-Drop(W)-Drop(W)-Drop(L) - The remaining map after drops is the map to be played.
Match reporting :
- Players must report their match on challonge using the pen button corresponding to their match or report the score to an admin on discord. Manipulating scores or reporting false scores will result in disqualification from the tournament.
- Servers are provided, Players are assigned to a server for each of their matches by an admin in the discord channel.
- Tournament matches must be played only on the provided server so that scores can be verified and replays can be easily retrieved. If matches are played on a different server than the one assigned, the results of those games is nullified and the games must be replayed on the assigned server.
- Servers are only meant to be joined by the players (and authorized spectators). Sharing server information is not allowed and can result in match loss and/or disqualification (see Spectators section below).
- Manipulating/Inflating ping to mislead admins will result in a disqualification from the tournament.
EU Editions :
- All matches are played on servers located in Frankfurt (DE)
- Participants must ping lower than 85ms to the Frankfurt servers in order to be allowed to participate
NA Editions :
- All matches are played on servers located in Silicon Valley (West), Chicago (Central), and New Jersey (East).
- Participants must ping lower than 85ms to the Chicago servers in order to be allowed to participate
- Players will be assigned by admins to a server where they ping the lowest if possible, In case of a server disagreement, a Chicago (Central) server is used.
- You can test your ping on tournament servers here : https://www.vultr.com/faq/#downloadspeedtests
- Exceptions can be made to the 85ms rule for players known to have a lower ping usually and that are experiencing connection problems
- Spectating tournament games on the servers is not allowed. Streamers, casters and admins are the only allowed spectators on the servers. Report to an admin if you notice unapproved spectators during your match.
- Servers are only meant to be joined by the players (and authorized spectators), sharing server information is not allowed and can result in match loss and disqualification.
Disconnection/crash during a game :
- If one of the players disconnects from a game, he will automatically lose the game unless the other player agrees to a rematch (a full 10 minute rematch).
- Disconnections should be immediately reported to a tournament admin.
Bugs during a game :
- Accidental or incidental triggering of a bug or potential exploit during a match will be judged on a case by case basis by the admins.
- Abuse of an exploit will result in an immediate loss of the map for the abuser. A second abuse will result in disqualification from the tournament. An exploit is a clear advantage gained through the use of unorthodox or game breaking methods that take advantage of a flaw in the game that produces a result that is clearly not intended and unfair.
- In the case of technical difficulties from the broadcaster, matches must not be delayed longer than 5 minutes. Our goal is to give the best playing conditions to the participants.
- If late stage games are forced to be played without the stream, these games will be broadcast using replays as soon as the stream recovers. These replays will be made available immediately available after the games.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct (harassment, flaming) to players, admins, casters, or spectators will result in disqualification from the tournament.
- The same rules apply in 2v2, except for the ones below
2v2 Map Selection System :
- Use the 'roll' command in console to determine which team drops first (one player only rolls per team). (The team with the highest roll is the roll Winner)
- W: Roll winner
- L: Roll loser
- BO3 : Pick(L)-Pick(W) : Maps are played in order of picks, the remaining map is the tiebreaker map.
- BO1 : Drop(L)-Drop(W) : The remaining map after drops is the map to be played.